Never again will I post BEFORE we go to an assessment or appointment.
So we have the good and the not so good.
1. Low muscle tone and hyper flexible joints are holding back his gross motor skills like walking. The team also thinks its causing pain/discomfort when sitting still, so it’s why he has trouble focusing on things like eating.
Suggested: Get enrolled in Early Intervention and if he’s not walking solo in 3 months (18 actual/16 adj) we need to consider AFO options after a consult with PT.
2. His verbal skills are awesome. 11 words and going.
3. His weight/height are on his personal curve and increasing at a rate that pleased the neonatologist.
4. They want him in the follow up clinic program until at least 2 actual. Next appointment in 6 months.
5. We toured his future preschool today. He has to be off the bottle completely and walking independently for the half time 18-24 mo class. The will give him his extra calorie formula in a cup as needed and have cared for preemies previously. Plus, Asst. Director is a family friend.
So now to set up the EI evaluation, and hope.